As my multimedia object selected for part two of this assignment I have chosen to update and improve my short instructional PowerPoint video. I re-recorded my two-minute presentation to follow more multimedia principles while adding a multiple choice question using H5P that summarizes the viewer’s understanding of the content in the video.

The first multimedia principle that I chose to update to reflect my understanding of these principles was the personalization principle. While creating an updated recording of my presentation I spoke the words in the presentation in a conversational style rather than a formal style to keep viewers more engaged and interested. A multimedia principle that I added was the self-explanation principle in my “introduction” of the instructional video. I asked the viewers to reflect or generate their own ideas (tips they use) before informing them tips that I personally use so they could compare or add new tips to their own routine.

Before and after updating my instruction video I followed the framework from the SECTIONS model to evaluate if the knowledge could be successfully transferred to the viewer. I made sure to follow the define, assess, implement and refine steps while updating this short instructional video. Finally, a subtle yet important change that I made to the PowerPoint presentation was changing the background design. I chose to do this because it made the text and images on the screen blend in better together while giving a more relaxed and better matching “feel” to the topic of the video.

I felt that the updated version of my presentation better captures my intended general audience, anyone who is interested in acquiring helpful tips for their weekly trip to the grocery store. Overall, I feel that these multimedia principles, along with attention to an evaluation model and design of my PowerPoint made this updated version a better instructional video and learning tool.