For part one of this assignment I have decided to update my interactive video which is a tutorial on how to host a channel on the livestreaming platform Twitch. The two main concepts that I updated in order to be make this video more effective as a learning tool for others are the directions and the interactive questions. I updated the directions for the tutorial to make them not only “simpler”, but also more straightforward in terms of how to follow along with the video. I gave close attention to the redundancy principle which explains how people learn better when the information is not presented in more than one kind of format, so I made sure to include all the directions necessary within this tutorial.

In terms of the interactive questions found at two moments in the video, I updated them to make sure they were more specific and useful for the viewers in order to fully understand the tutorial. The feedback principle is more accurately used in my updated version of this tutorial because the viewer receives feedback (in multiple choice) that gives them an idea of their understanding of what has been said in the video up to that point.

More generally, I updated this interactive video by improving the overall “feel” of the narration of the tutorial. I made an effort to follow the personalization principle by ensuring that I was speaking in a conversation style with the viewer, often saying “you” to make them feel as if I am having a conversation with them as I walk them through the tutorial.

Finally, before re-recording this video I evaluated what I wanted to accomplish in the video using the “sections” model discussed in topic five in order to increase overall knowledge transfer. Overall, I made sure to give extra attention to my intended audience (new Twitch users) and made the interaction with the viewers easy to follow to ensure that by the end of this tutorial the viewers would understand the useful tool of how to host another channel on Twitch.